I am also completely in love with the Hummingbird Bakery recipe for buttercream frosting. It whips up beautifully and makes decorating so pleasurable. In case you want it, here is the recipe again!!!!
Hummingbird Bakery Vanilla Frosting
* 250g icing sugar, sifted
* 80g unsalted butter, at room temperature
* 25ml whole milk
* a couple of drops of vanilla extract
1. Beat the icing sugar and butter together in a freestanding electric mixer with a paddle attachment (or use a handheld electric whisk) on medium-slow speed until the mixture comes together and is well mixed.
2. Turn the mixer down to slow speed. Combine the milk and vanilla extract in a separate bowl, then add to the butter mixture a couple of tablespoons at a time. Once all the milk has been incorporated, turn the mixer up to high speed.
3. Continue beating until the frosting is light and fluffy, at least 5 minutes. The longer the frosting is beaten, the fluffier and lighter it becomes.
I also recently made these cupcakes - I piped white chocolate dolphin shapes onto baking paper and then used them for toppers!