What do I LOVE about blogging?
- I love styling a plate of food, it really extends and flexes my creative muscle, creativity rocks!
- I love getting just the right angle on a photo so that the light picks up some gleaming bit of sauce, or some smooth bit of icing, or some juicy bit of fruit. That never fails to thrill me!
- I love seeing other peoples creativity and feeding (quite literally) off it!
- I love that blogging has made me dare to try things I would never have dreamed of trying in the past, like....fully fledged tea parties, vegan cooking, making my own cheese, making kick arse scones (I so love being able to make GREAT scones now), making and decorating elaborate cakes, rediscovering my love for making preserves and home made foodie gifts. I truly am a much more confident cook because of blogging.
- I love that when people ask me for recipes now I can say "It's on my blog"
- Most of all I love it when a recipe I post inspires others to try it and love it as much as I did!
and also fittingly, it is dead easy- my kind of cooking!
1 1/2 c plain flour
1/4 c corn flour
1 cup plus 2 tbsp caster sugar
225g very soft butter
2 tsp BP
1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
2 tbsp milk
Preheat oven to 180 C. Butter two 20 cm round cake pans.
Put all ingredients, except milk, into a food processor and process to mix. Make sure it is all mixed and process some more while pouring milk through the funnel. The batter should be a soft dropping consistency. Pour into cake pans and bake for about 25 mins and a cake tester comes out clean. Let cakes stand in pans for a minute or so and then turn onto a wire rack to cool. Sandwich together with cream and jam or what ever you like!